For official project website, visit: www.sustainableproject.net
Aims of the project:
The project aims to change the attitude of people in the field of sustainability and environmental protection, by introducing practical and everyday sustainability methods in school education and for adults. In the project we create and publish a complementary textbook for teachers, to facilitate the education of the topic, and thus to help in the attitude formation of the next generations. The extent experiences and good practices of the more developed V4 counties are transferred to the West Balkan countries.
In West Balkans awareness about environmental protection, sustainable development and energy efficiency is in arrearage compared to central Europe countries. This may be because of lower economic possibilities and lack of sustainability culture and tradition. Our project aims to change the attitude of people in the field of sustainability and environmental protection, by introducing practical and everyday sustainability methods in school education in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina. In the project we create and publish a complementary textbook for teachers, by which they can introduce the extent experiences, methods and good practices of the V4 counties to daily education. As West Balkan countries have moderate economic possibilities and less tradition in green culture, we focus on such practical everyday sustainability and environmental protection methods, which are cost effective, easy to implement, but contribute effectively in the attitude formation of the generations.
- Meeting in Hungary for all partners. Brainstorming, selection of topics and good practices for the textbook. We investigate the special needs and regional peculiarities of the West Balkan countries to focus the textbook for these countries.
- Website construction for the project with a new project website, and sub-sites on the web-sites of partners.
- Each partner works out one module for the textbook with help of experts, and translate it to English. Discussion of the chapters. Each partner translate the modules to native languages, and adapt it according to the specific needs of the own countries.
- We try out the modules in schools. Each partner tries out 2 modules with school classes.
- Final modifications of the modules. Edition of the textbook with expert support (each partner edits its own adapted version). Typography and printing of the book. The electronic version of the textbook will be uploaded to the websites.
- Partners organise a public dissemination event in a school at a school day. Other dissemination activities, and media publications.
The project is financially supported by the International Visegrad Fund.
1. Magosfa Környezeti Nevelési és Ökoturisztikai Alapítvány (Magosfa Foundation for Environmental Education and Ecotourism)
HUNGARY, Vác, coordinator, Visegrad4 partner
2. Centar za Ekologiju i Energiju (Center for Ecology and Energy)
BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA, Tuzla, West Balkan partner
3. Edukacia kroz Kulturu (Education through Culture)
SERBIA, Subotica, West Balkan partner
4. Centrum environmentálnych aktivít (Center of Environmental Activities)
SLOVAKIA, Trencin, Visegrad4 partner
5. Chaloupky o.p.s., školská zařízení pro zájmové a další vzdělávání (Chaloupky, public benefit company, school facilities for tarining and education)
CZECH REPUBLIC, Knézice, Visegrad4 partner
6. Uniwersytet Warszawski/ Uniwersyteckie Centrum Badań nad Środowiskiem Przyrodniczym i Zrównoważonym (University of Warsaw/ University Centre for Environmental Studies and Sustainable Development )
POLAND, Warsaw, Visegrad4 partner
Events and implementation
International project meeting 13.10-2015. – 16.10.2015. place: Althann Guesthouse and Conference Centre, 2600 Vác, Budapesti főút 5-7.
New project website is running 03.2017.
Module test with students: Hike of the consumer 07.04.2017.
Module test with students: Natural gardening – nature in the garden 25.10.2017.
Textbook is published: Smaller (eco)footprint for every day 01.02.2017.
Sustainability project day 09.02.2017.